About the Firm
Accomplished Alabama Employment Lawyers Protect Workers’ Rights
Birmingham firm handles wrongful termination and discrimination issues
When Alabamans are subjected to workplace mistreatment or fired for improper reasons, the accomplished attorneys at Sanford Law Firm are dedicated to correcting the situation. From our office in Birmingham, we handle a wide range of employment law issues, including wrongful termination, discrimination and sexual harassment claims. Working on behalf of employees and unions, our firm provides knowledgeable advice that is always tailored to our clients’ particular situation and needs. Regardless of whether the business in question is a small local operation or a multinational corporation, we won’t be intimidated while we pursue a proper remedy through negotiations, in an administrative proceeding or at trial.
Innovative labor attorneys pursue relief for mistreated employees
A bad work situation can affect you financially, emotionally and even physically. Choosing the right lawyer to assert your rights is the first step toward relieving your burden. Clients in Alabama and throughout the region recommend us because our attorneys are:
- Proven trial advocates — Determining the best way to get the result you seek is a key aspect of effective legal counsel. Our labor and employment litigators are skillful negotiators who also have extensive trial experience. We are always prepared to go to court when necessary and won’t let you be intimidated into an unfair settlement.
- Strategic thinkers — No matter what led to the conflict, we carefully review the circumstances and create a sound strategy so you aren’t caught by surprise. Drawing on our extensive background in this legal field, our lawyers can develop innovative ways to maximize the likelihood of a successful outcome.
- Knowledgeable advisers — We have detailed knowledge of relevant laws and local courts so that you have the information you need to make smart decisions.
From start to finish, you’ll have the support you need from an accomplished lawyer who works with you one on one and has a deep understanding of your case.
Areas of Practice
Strong advocates assist victims of harassment and wage reduction
Our employment law
attorneys handle all types of workplace matters, including concerns relating to:
- Discrimination — Employers who treat people differently because of their gender, race, religion, age or disability are breaking the law and should be held accountable for their misconduct. We represent discrimination victims in court and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
- Wrongful termination — If your firing violated a contract or was carried out for discriminatory or retaliatory reasons, our lawyers can help you pursue the income you’ve lost by filing a wrongful termination claim.
- Wage and overtime claims — In wage and overtime disputes, we work diligently to obtain the compensation, benefits and leave that employees are entitled to under the law.
- Labor law — We advocate for unions and employees in various labor matters, including collective bargaining negotiations and conflicts over improper workplace practices.
- Workplace harassment — For sexual or racial harassment cases and other actions stemming from a hostile work environment, victims can count on us to help them achieve justice.
We know that men and women often have trouble getting time away from their job, especially if they’re working in a toxic environment, so we offer flexible scheduling to make it as easy as possible to protect yourself.
Speak with an experienced Alabama employment lawyer about your matter
Sanford Law Firm represents Alabama workers in a wide array of labor and employment law matters, including discrimination claims, wrongful termination lawsuits and union negotiations. For a consultation regarding your issue, please call 205-675-0726 or contact us online
. Our office is in Birmingham on Richard Arrington Jr. Boulevard North.